Organization: FADICA, Foundations and Donors Interested in Catholic Activities
Location: Washington DC with remote location negotiable
FADICA, a leading network of foundations and philanthropists committed to a vital Catholic Church and the common good, seeks candidates who desire to make an impact in faith-based philanthropy through effective communications and engagement. FADICA's mission is to enable its members to be informed, involved and effective in addressing church and societal needs through their philanthropy.
FADICA seeks a highly motivated and team- oriented Communications Director who is a self-starter and who can implement creative and effective communications and marketing strategies. The ideal candidate has a track record of driving a successful communications effort in an entrepreneurial environment, in support of an organization’s goals and growth. FADICA is in the midst of an exciting strategic growth period, and the Communications Director is a critical role that will contribute to the organization’s impact and mission. The Director will plan, create, and grow communications to both internal and external constituents, including member foundations and philanthropists, Church leaders, nonprofit stakeholders and partners, and the media.
- Communications Planning & Strategy
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans to reach members and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with relevant team members to develop new ideas and strategies for marketing and communications efforts.
- Maintain and use data and analytics to inform strategies and decisions.
- Member Communications
- Write and curate content for internal communications to members, including quarterly newsletter, working group updates and event/program materials.
- Draft and create content for the FADICA Member website in collaboration with VP, Philanthropy services
- External Communications:
- Design and implement communications to external partners and stakeholders
- Curate and optimize FADICA’s public website content and social media accounts to communicate FADICA’s mission, initiatives and member spotlights
- Create occasional press releases on newsworthy organizational initiatives
- Collaborate with Catholic Funding Guide Digital Program Manager to develop and implement marketing strategies for the online Guide (a signature online resource sponsored by FADICA); and to integrate communications efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate Degree / Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing, preferably for a nonprofit, philanthropic or membership organization
- Excellent communication and professional writing skills are critical
- Strong conceptual thinking and writing to narrate key concepts in ways that will be digestible and relevant for many audiences.
- Experience in using a wide range of communications tools and channels, including various social media platforms, blogs, video, podcasts, etc.
- Desire for continuous growth and innovation and positive attitude towards a collaborative team culture
- Aptitude for applying data to drive communications strategy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint); and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail; an entrepreneurial mentality, self-starting work ethic, and a flexible resourcefulness.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities. Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Support for overall organizational strategic goals and commitment to furthering the mission of FADICA.
- Comfort working within the Catholic faith tradition and interfaith environments. Understanding of or interest in the Catholic social tradition (CST).
Anticipated Start Date: Spring/Summer 2022
Compensation & Benefits: FADICA offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and expertise, and a benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, an employer sponsored and matched 403(b) plan, and generous paid holidays, vacation and sick.
Equal Opportunity: FADICA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and fostering inclusion and a sense of belonging.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Traskey at email@example.com