Executive Assistant-Office Manager
FADICA seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, and conscientious Executive Assistant-Office Manager to support its President/CEO and general office administration. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, a high attention to accuracy and detail, and the ability to systematize and manage multiple projects. The position is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, to work in a joyful and fast-paced environment, and to advance an exciting and high impact mission.
- Work closely with the President/CEO, providing administrative and scheduling support.
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings and preparations, including scheduling meetings.
- Provide general office management support, including ordering supplies, managing equipment vendors and IT support firm; liaise with building management.
- Respond to inquiries and assist customers with purchases of FADICA’s online subscription database service, the Catholic Funding Guide Online.
- Serve as “first contact” for members and public via phone reception, and for visitors to the office.
- Develop and utilize filing and retrieval systems, and processes; record meeting discussions.
- Coordinate organization mailings.
- Serve as primary administrative liaison to accountant/bookkeeper and process accounts receivable and payable; provide support for annual audit.
- Support and participate in preparation for organization’s conferences/events and support onsite logistics.
- Contribute to organization’s mission and be part of a dynamic team.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- AA or BA/BS degree (higher degree not a deficit).
- 1 to 3 years’ experience desired in office administrative work, providing direct support to executive level staff.
- Experience in faith-based, corporate, or nonprofit organization; demonstrated knowledge or interest in the work of the Catholic Church, private philanthropy or charitable endeavor a plus.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, organization and deadlines, a conscientious approach, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to accuracy in all communications formats.
- Self-starter with initiative and an ability to work independently and anticipate needs.
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Experience with databases, internet and email communications; familiarity and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience in customer, member, or client services; prompt, responsive and patient approach.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal communications skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Has daily contact with high-level CEOs, clergy, and Church leaders, non-profit association and foundation executives, corporate executives, academic professionals, and grant seekers. Has regular contact on administrative matters with foundations’ staff. Frequent contact with foundation Board and members and outside suppliers of services and materials.
Position available immediately. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The position is full time and includes health care benefits and a 403b plan with an employer match.
Please send resume and cover email by 2/2/2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: FADICA.