The FADICA Graduate Fellow (“fellow”) serves as part of a staff team to deliver high quality services to the association’s members.
The Fellow will support the Director of Program & Member Services with research on community programs and member priorities, and communication of updates and news of interest through emails and social media. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is adept at research (through various interventions) and the ability to communicate the findings of the research in clear, cohesive ways.
The position provides an exciting opportunity to be part of the organization’s team, as it implements a new strategic plan and creates a next generation of services for members related to Catholic philanthropy and activities. A generous stipend will be provided.
- Conduct Research on community initiatives (e.g., Catholic education/schools, women religious, anti-trafficking, international philanthropy) and draft short summaries about the initiatives
- The Fellow will work closely with the Catholic schools affinity group, and in particular assist with the development of a matrix of Catholic school innovative programs and models. The matrix will cover areas of financial sustainability, governance, quality of education, and leadership development. This project will require online research, data gathering, interviews with various organizations across the country, and writing.
- Assist with communication of updates and news of interest through emails and social media
- Learn and study Catholic social teaching and tradition, and philanthropy practices
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to gather information and present it in a clear, cohesive format
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good verbal communication skills, including making phone calls and conference calls
- Knowledge or interest in Catholic initiatives and the Catholic Church, or particularly interested in issues of poverty and social justice
Start Date: Available May 1st. The fellowship is located at FADICA’s metro-accessible office in Washington, DC.
To learn more or submit a resume, contact Alicia Bondanella at firstname.lastname@example.org.