FADICA invites young adults to participate in the mission of our organization and to contribute their talents and gifts to Catholic philanthropy and the Church through the Philanthropy Leadership Intern Program. Ideal candidates are self-starters who are interested in learning about and engaging in the world of philanthropy, the mission of the Catholic Church, and/or community service and the common good.
FADICA interns learn about philanthropy, Catholic organizations, and Catholic social teaching while participating in FADICA’s research development, collaborative activities support and programming focus areas.
Applications are accepted year-round for summer, semester or year-long terms.
Interns are an integral part of the staff, delivering high quality services to the association’s members. Interns will work with the Director of Program & Member Services to determine a learning plan and establish goals. Interns will select projects based on their interests in the following areas: social media and communications, meeting and symposia planning, issue research, or marketing and member development.
The position provides an exciting opportunity to be part of the organization’s team, as it implements a new strategic plan and creates a next generation of services for members related to Catholic philanthropy and activities.
A stipend will be provided.
Specific duties will be based on the learning goals and project outcomes chosen by FADICA and the interns but will include the following:
- Research community-based initiatives that address issues of interest to our members (e.g., Catholic education/schools, women religious, Church vitality, anti-trafficking, international philanthropy) and draft short summaries about the initiatives.
- Assist with social media and other forms of communication; may include writing, creative development, publications, etc.
- Learn and study Catholic social teaching and tradition, and philanthropy practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including making phone calls)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge or interest in Catholic initiatives and the Catholic Church, and/or efforts to address poverty and injustice
- Ability to work in a small, but fast-paced office environment
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and a self-starter, and must have the ability to multi-task
The FADICA Graduate Fellow serves as part of a staff team to deliver high quality services to the association’s members. The Fellow will support the Director of Program and Member Services with research on member priority issues, and communication of updates and news of interest through emails and social media. The position provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of the organization’s team, as it implements a new strategic plan and creates a next generation of services for members related to Catholic philanthropy and activities.
A stipend will be provided.
- Conduct research on new and emerging Catholic school models of sustainability and growth, and write short summaries about the initiatives.
- Work closely with the Catholic schools member affinity group and assist with the development of white papers regarding Catholic education, innovative programs and models in the areas of financial sustainability, quality of education, and leadership development. This project will require online research, data gathering, interviews with various organizations across the country, and writing.
- Assist with communication of updates and news of interest through emails and social media.
- Learn and study Catholic social teaching and tradition and philanthropy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to gather information and present it in a clear, cohesive format
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including phone calls and conference calls
- Knowledge or interest in Catholic initiatives and the Catholic Church, or particular
Interested? Contact Alicia Bondanella Simon at email@example.com to submit a resume. Please indicate in the email why you are interested in working at FADICA and how your particular skills or interest align with our mission and programs.