FADICA kicked-off its 40th anniversary and a year of programming at its 40th Annual Membership Meeting and Symposium in Coral Gables, FL on January 27th.
Top-notch speakers, networking, prayer, and stimulating discussions illuminated our theme, “Helping Goodness Spread”, and connected us to each other and innovative leaders and models.
Highlights of the symposium included:
- Remarks by Cardinal Seán O’Malley, recipient of this year’s Distinguished Catholic Leadership Award
- Motoring through the Models: Innovation for Impact in Catholic Schools – a round robin session with four groups of presenters on the topics of Governance, Blended Learning, Advocacy/School Choice and Funders’ Collaborative & Data Transparency
- A Dialogue between Sr. Mary Johnson, SND, Ph.D. of Trinity Washington University, Kathleen Sprows Cummings of the University of Notre Dame, and Sr. Julie Vieira, IHM of “A Nun’s Life Ministry” on the recent report, Understanding U.S. Catholic Sisters Today
- The Opening Address on Social Innovation in Catholic Philanthropy by Susan Raymond, Ph.D. of Changing Our World
- Honoring four Board Members for their combined 55 years of service to FADICA as they transition to the Emeritus Board (B.J. Cassin, Thomas Healey, Maureen O’Leary and Michael Rauenhorst)
- Poignant Mission Moments shared by members on the significance of the FADICA mission and experiences over the past 40 years
A transcription of both the speakers’ presentations and the members’ mission moments will be published as proceedings and made available in the late spring.