FADICA, a leading organization of Catholic foundations and philanthropists, seeks undergraduate interns to assist with the goals and projects of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is interested in learning about and engaging in the world of philanthropy, the mission of the Catholic Church, and/or community service and the common good.
The Interns serve as an integral part of the staff delivering high quality services to the association’s members. Interns will work with the Director of Program & Member Services to determine a learning plan and establish goals. Interns will select projects based on their interests in the following areas: social media and communications, meeting and symposia planning, issue research, or marketing and membership development.
The position provides an exciting opportunity to be part of the organization’s team, as it implements a new strategic plan and creates a next generation of services for members related to Catholic philanthropy and activities. A generous stipend will be provided.
Specific duties will be based on the learning goals and project outcomes chosen by FADICA and the Interns, but will include the following:
- Research community initiatives (e.g., Catholic education/schools, women religious, Church vitality, anti-trafficking, international philanthropy) and draft short summaries about the initiatives
- Assist with social media and other forms of communication; may include writing, creative development, publications, etc.
- Learn and study Catholic social teaching and tradition, and philanthropy practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including making phone calls)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge or interest in Catholic initiatives and the Catholic Church, and/or efforts to address poverty and injustice
- Ability to work in a small, but fast-paced office environment
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, and have the ability to multi-task
Start Date: Available May 1st. The internship is located at FADICA’s metro-accessible office in Washington, DC.
To learn more or submit a resume, contact Alicia Bondanella at firstname.lastname@example.org.